Monday, February 12, 2007

Post-wrap post

Postly post-wrapping my posts. Posthumously. Dead tired, but still having fun reading the West Coast posts. Who's coming out of the speakers on my laptop right now? Well, it's Mister Lyle Lovett. He surprised a few people a dozen or so years ago when he appeared with his Large Band on the Grammys and performed "Hot To Go". Someone in an apartment on Kearney Street was heard to exclaim "Who the fuck is that?! Wow! Holy shit!"
I've taken a few liberties with that reconstruction, but I just want to make the point that from amid the gears of the big frightful machine that is the Music Industry sometimes amazing things emerge. God bless. Be safe 'till next year.

Your host, the natch'l born Irish® person,
MQMurphy

2 comments:

Josh McHugh said...

Way to go, Mike. That was fun, even with the time delay. First time I've actually watched the Grammys in years, mostly so as to be part of your party.

Anonymous said...

Same here - I stopped reading your posts to watch the show and not know what was ahead. It was fun to witness the run-up, checking in on your blog throughout the day.