Sunday, February 10, 2008

"Say something once . . ."

" . . . why say it again?" Quoting David Byrne here, friends. By way of telling you that this post pretty much sums up my feelings about the Awards and my motivation for putting us all through this. Ahhh, maybe I just put myself through it while you guys watch. Comments will be replied to and very much appreciated.
Also - I think that last year I was writing in Word and copying things into post windows. I was less familiar with blogging back then. I'm slightly more accustomed to it now, so I guess I'll be trying to work straight out of the Blogger site.
Don't look for more quality or insight - if there's a time/energy savings I'll probably use it eating and drinking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aHOY cAP'N..

I admit the Grammys might have passed by unremarked, had not the Woodstock NY radio station reminded me on my way home yesterday, and then, of course, when i returned home, I knew/remembered to see if too much monkey was open for business.

You would have enjoyed our mellow, and unfort. snow-free couple days on the mountain. Very low-key, great fellowship, a newbie who didn't understand the need to pace oneself when the EXPECTATION is that the first beer awaits only the end of breakfast, that other things may, indeed, be appetizers for the breaking of the fast and that bourbon is considered on the menu as of noon.

We kept his weeblin' being on the downhill side of the fire so that gravity might help save him when his inner ear finally fell to the beerbarian hordes. It was a good move by the old timers.

No harm done and general hilarity when he finally collided with a woodpile 20 feet down slope after a slow mo Oh F*%*# I can't seem to catch my balance ballet..

I'll fill in the details when next we pour a glass.

MQM said...

You're on. I was thinking about the campfestivities the other day - I almost sent you a text message saying something like "Beware the flying fireballs" or some such. Glad no animals were injured in the making of "Nafwoods Bungle '08". Hope to make it in the future.