Sunday, January 31, 2010

. . . uh, the chicken problem.

(Image found at Adelaide University Student Radio Blog)


The 'nasty chicken wings thing' is part of the ritual for me - as is the Dewar's.
Ellen has been reading "The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan. I agree with her (and him) that the whole factory-farm approach to raising chickens for food is a sorry mess. We've bid adieu to what had once been a staple of our diet - we're looking for a local source of organic, free range, actually-lived-before-they-died chickens.

That said, I'm faced with a dilemma of my own. Since the Grammys is something like a religious holiday thing for me, the chicken wings are akin to a requirement of the religion.

I raise my face to the sky and pledge to work harder to help change - one omnivore at a time - the eating habits of my two legged mammalian brethren.

(say two Dominus Yo Biscuits and go in peace)

No comments: